Moto

"Du bist, was du isst."
- from Mein Teil by Rammstein

Monday, November 3, 2014

What I Wanted to Eat Today and What I Ate Today: Korean Seasoned Fried Chiken and Ramen


Yesterday, I decided I go to try Korean style fried chicken. I love it so used to eat it like once in a week back in Korea, I couldn't do so in Sapporo. Well, there was a hope called Seoul Chicken, located 5 kilometers from my home (yes, the dorm). 
At first, I tried to go by bicycle, but I faced a 'blizzard', or the first snow of this winter (or, more properly, 'fall'), in other words. So I just changed to the train. It's JR Sapporo station.


Got on.


Got off at Kotoni, the center of Nishi(West) district.


Just like any other places in Sapporo, it's full of bicycles.


I walked down to the south, about for 15 minutes.



And finally reached the place,


whose shop closing day was Monday, including today (even more, it was a national holiday). How kind it is to write it on the door? And how poor am I? I spent half an hour and 200 yens (+ 300 yens for hot drinks and snack) to find the restaurant closed.



Despite the coldness and the snow, and even though it's not 'rational' to consider the sunk cost, I chose to walk around and find a nice place to eat.


I went here and there.


A ordinary, but a little bit more better-looking house. How will it be like to have such a house as the home of one's own? How will it be like to live here, as a Sapporo-ian?


A few tens of meters ahead was this antique antique shop.


And another few hundreds meters later, having found this subway station, I gave up and determined to pay for another 250 yens for the transportation cost.


For there is an many-people-recommended-to-me ramen restaurant beside JR Sapporo station.


I bought a ticket at the machine,


And my ramen was served in one or two minutes, as I remember. Super fast. The taste of soup was so strong and a bit cheesy, but still nice. Ironically if my strong preference toward meats considered, it'd have been better if I did't add the pork slices, both in terms of taste and price. Well, a good place indeed, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Poor my lovely son, mom and all the chickens in Korea miss you so much. In a rainy day like today, please stay at dormiory kitchen and try to cook some hot food. I remember the taste of pork lamen.Do you remember that I had recomended the miso?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a shame! was the ramen in the end at least good enough to recommend it further :p?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I'd give 78/100. It's near Sapporo station AND Hokudai, not expensive, but quite delicious.

      Delete