Moto

"Du bist, was du isst."
- from Mein Teil by Rammstein

Sunday, October 5, 2014

What I Ate Yesterday: Even When You Understand Only Half of a Movie, It Can Be a Great Moment

Despite the name of my blog, I today post what I ate yesterday. The match began in 22:30, which means that I cannot do anything but watching it until 00:30 the morrow. Oh, and the match is of course that of FC Bayern's. It's fixed in my schedule: not subject to change!


Anyways, I woke up about half an hour after noon today (here, "today" refers to yesterday, 4th October.), and went to do paper works for my dormitory rents. It was around 4 p.m. when I went out to buy today's food stuffs. What did I buy? 140 grams of sausages and an instant tomato sauce. The sauce I bought is called Napolitan(ナポィタン, read na-po-ri-tan), a Japanese version of pasta sauce. The sauce was on sale, so it costed 140 Yens. Not bad. 
As I forgot to buy breads that I wanted to use to eat the surplus of sauce after finishing my noodle, I just boiled twice more spaghetti (and it turned out to be a bit wrong decision). Well, it was the very first time I used both of my frying pan and pot. The sausages eventually became overcooked because of my lack of cooking skills. Edible were they, though. 


Dunch served (Parmesan and parsley added by the author). 
As you can see, there were a pack of salad and a cup of cafe latte. 
Overall, it was 6.5 out of 10. The coffee didn't have enough smell of coffee, nor did it have any perceptible (good) taste. In addition, 200 grams of spaghetti was in fact a little bit to many for one package of sauce. What is irritating is that they were both 2 serving sizes according to their packages. Though the combination of sausages and spaghetti was good, after all. Not bad, not bad. 

On 7 p.m. today, we, HUSTEP students, had the first movie night. And it was held in one of the girls' dorms. I had to ride my bike for 30 blocks through freezing winds with just a wind blocker jacket. I was more than pleased when I ran across and joined a group of other guys from my dorm.



 
We watched Howl's Moving Castle by Studio Ghibli. The plan was to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles, but the subtitles were gone. No option was left but to watch it in English. What an irony! The original was an English novel, and the movie was Japanese, and we watched it in English? Es ist ganz komisch. 

Even so, it was really fun. We could become more familiar with each other. And many funny comments were made while watching. Oh, I forgot the snacks. I could try a few kinds of drinks and chips, one of which I liked a lot.



This is the one! The one that I've been looking for. For how many times was I disappointed not to be able to find the one that can satisfy my taste? The smell was something between caramel and cream. Something like rice crispy treats. What was different was that it is not sticky. The texture was dry and smooth, making no sound but an enjoyable sh- sound when chewed. The only little thing is that each piece is a bit small. But that doesn't matter much. The name of it is... Caramel Corn, I guess? There is another "Caramel Corn" (the one in a red package), actually. Yup, the shape of the pieces is almost same, but the concept is totally different, I think.



Some random scenery of Sapporo. Somewhere in the north of Hokkaido University. The atmosphere was quite different from that of Susukino, Odori, or near my dorm. Say, the stores here were more, well, condensed and smaller.

Anyway, as today was a match day, I hurried up back to my dorm. On the way, though, I bought some snacks to eat during the match.


I'm sure that the red area on the map is Fukushima or one of the neighboring provinces. Honestly, I'm worried about the radiation. I know the madness of "support (Fukushima) by eating (their products)". That's a complete non-sense. That's not caring, but mere suicide pact. Maybe there is a possibility of such madness sounds 'nice', but it's still illogical and crazy. I liked the taste, though, haha.


"Ready to watch football!"
From left, my favorite drink in Japan, Irohasu lemon flavored sparkling water, the radioactive fried chicken, and the best snack ever (Yes, Caramel Corn I mentioned earlier. They taste same though the packages are different).


The best ever snack looks like this. Wait a minute... It looks like worm. Hm, who cares if they taste so great? No problem.

The football match ended as a 4:0 victory of FC Bayern, which is awesomely awesome. Now I can go to bookstore to buy a textbook without any concerns. It was a great day. And now it's time to close my eyes for some time...

1 comment:

  1. Tousjours bon appetti! Be careful about the radioactive chicken.

    ReplyDelete