Moto

"Du bist, was du isst."
- from Mein Teil by Rammstein

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Where I Visited Today: JR Tower Sapporo Station


The sky of Sapporo is dynamic, I've been thinking since my first step here. Indeed, sky always changes, clouds come and go, rain starts and stops, and the sun hides and seek come out. Maybe because Sapporo is flat, maybe because there are not many tall buildings, maybe because I'm in a foreign country, the sky of Sapporo feels especially rapidly changing, and the clouds seem to be much closer to me. 

Today, as a friend of mine already had done (see http://nimar-blume.de/blog/2014/a-visit-to-the-sapporo-station-jr-tower/), I decided to visit the observatory of JR Tower Sapporo, and do some homework there. 

I wandered Paseo, Stellar Place, Sapporo station, and so on, for about an hour in a search for the elevator to the observatory. When I finally reached it, I was amazed even before the real thing began: it costs 720 Yens to enter the observatory.


Having no choice, I paid the money and got on the elevator, which you can see right above. Only 5 buttons. Simple and easy, huh? I had to wait for about a minute or a half, I guess, before I reached the top.



And the city welcomed me. Much, much better than I expected. Honestly, I was disappointed when I first saw the scenery of Sapporo back in Korea. But this city is always becoming more and more beautiful. And the ambient music in the background 
perfected it. Even though it's 'just' 38th floor, it was as if it was above the clouds. Silent, peaceful, a bit spacey, and beautiful music is definitely the best background music I've ever heard. 




It was quiet, with only a few people chatting with each other in silence, appreciating the scenery. 


Me. Yes, it's Bayern Munich. And if you recognized it, I bet you know why I 'had to' wear it in such a cold weather but was so happy. 



Son, the world is never fair. If you are a male, you can enjoy more than a female. Yes, this is a toilet, and no, there was not such a observatoilet for women. 



How nice it is! Instead of looking at and deciphering the old, dirty drawings on the wall of observatory, you just need to look outside, and the parking lot will tell you the directions. Awesome.




There is a forest in the middle of a concrete-100% city. It's 'my' university, Hokkaido University. I'm so lucky. 



You are now seeing a part of the route from my dorm to the school.



The sky looks angry. It's overwhelming. 'They' are coming.



The city doesn't care the sky, though. The people just live everyday their everyday lives.  



On the green rooftop of the building in front of me, there is an interesting, colorful pattern. No idea what it is.


And the sky is still overwhelming. They dominate.


But there's nothing much to worry about (for now).


As time goes, they fade away. Quite soon. (You can see the Sapporo TV tower, which has a digital clock on it. Check the time of each photo.)


From cloudy to sunny. Let's just ignore the fact that the sun is already on the mountain, and about to go over it.


I like pictures out of focus. You don't focus on a certain thing, but you see it as a whole.


And the time keeps going. As always.


Farewell to the sun. また明日!

And the city becomes alive when the sun is set. 






O Sapporo, you are urban.


By this time, the observatory became quite crowded, and I hungry. 


So called "the best snack ever (unless you bought it yourself)", Jyaga Pokkuru (じゃがポックル) is finally in my hands. 10 packs of 18 grams of fries of pieces of potatoes, and ca. 850 of Yens. A snack of luxury, it is. 


 The food of convenient stores, especially Hot Chef by Seico Mart, is not an expensive way to deal with the problem of survival. But it becomes expensive if you add something else e.g. a bowl of salads. Well, the taste was nice, and that's it. Not bad. Satisfactory enough was it. 


2 comments:

  1. so you went :)! nice!!
    if i could get myself to rationalise purchasing the 1-year-pass for 5000, it would be a nice place to always to homework/hang out!

    ReplyDelete